Fall 2021 Internship - Marketing
Type: Unpaid Internship
Who We Are: A subsidiary of Norwegian Cruise Line, Sixthman has pioneered themed cruise experiences, creating intimate shared encounters for bands, brands, and their fans. For 20 years Sixthman has and executed 116 festivals, hosted over 250,000 guests for 1,000,000 days on vacation at sea. Our world class artist partners have included KISS, Kid Rock, John Mayer, Zac Brown Band, Train, Pitbull, Paramore, Florida Georgia Line, Diplo, Joe Bonamassa, Lynyrd Skynyrd, 311, Lyle Lovett, Barenaked Ladies, Sister Hazel and for brand partners such as Turner Classic Movies, VH1, Steven Van Zandt’s Renegade Circus, Walker Stalker Con, truTV and others bringing non-stop performances and truly immersive music vacation experiences. Our home ports of call include New Orleans, Louisiana; Miami and Tampa, Florida; and Barcelona, Spain.
Mission: Support the marketing team in its goal of increasing sales & brand exposure on its cruise events, executing guest communication and contesting strategy.
Descriptors: Creative, Organized, Consistency, Presentation, Tone, Message, Clarity, Supportive
- Provide direct support to marketing team on executing cruise event marketing plans including but not limited to:
- Social Media: schedule and provide content for event posts across social media platforms, monitor and manage social media channel response, work cooperatively with marketing team on social media event marketing strategy
- Advertising: Research new geographic market opportunities and advertising channels to utilize in event marketing. Spearhead TV streaming advertising recommendation initiative
- Promotions: Work directly with advertising partners (social, radio, tv, sponsors) to manage and create engaging marketing promotions to drive sales and customer participation.
- Marketing & Communications
- Advertising Campaigns
- Social media ad campaigns
- Event planning meetings
- Execution of launch of new events
Skills and qualifications
- Must be enrolled in a 4-year accredited college/university and receiving college credit to apply
- Preferred Major: Business Management/Administrations, Marketing, Communications, Social Media Marketing, Hospitality Marketing, Event Management
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency (Email, Word, and Excel skills)
- Strong familiarity with various social media platforms
- Familiarity with HooteSuite or Photoshop a plus
- Must furnish laptop for in office use
Who Leads you: Sr. Marketing Specialist
Please submit your resume along with a video, photo, or essay (240 words or less) explaining why you would like to intern at Sixthman to email@example.com with Marketing in the title