Software Engineer (Web Developer)
To design, implement, and create technical solutions to meet the current needs of the company with a focus on scalability to support future needs of the company.
Independent, Code, Develop, Innovate, Design, Stabilize, Improve, Test, Debug
- Build and maintain company and event websites and coordinate with content writers during event launches
- Independently design and develop web applications including guest booking portal, and guest account management
- Identify and create technical solutions to address needs of internal or external teams with guidance from Senior Software Engineers on complex projects
- Test code to ensure quality, stability, and zero impact to the rest of the system
- Support the technology needs of the company by improving reporting, automating manual processes, and coding solutions for accounting, guest services, and other departments
- Maintain CMS, Wheelhouse (Sixthman Intranet), and other internal information network and documentation systems
- Document and communicate technology capabilities to educate others within the company
- Option to attend several of the Company’s events annually with goal of providing world class experience to guests and artists and partners
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Note: we view this section as a guide, not a checklist. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t satisfy every single bullet on this list.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science required (or equivalent experience)
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- Must be located in Greater Atlanta Area
- PHP, required
- CSS, required
- MySQL, required
- Version Control (Subversion or Git), required
- Understanding of UX / Usability, required
- MVC Framework, preferred
- Amazon Cloud AWS experience, preferred
- Familiar with REST API, SASS, Webpack, Docker
- Ability to keep information confidential required
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, meet timelines on multiple projects simultaneously, and adapt to changes or challenges
- Candidate must be willing and able to comply with any mandatory safety protocols required to enter Sixthman’s office or sail on Sixthman’s events, including but not limited to COVID-19 vaccination
DISCUSSIONS YOU LEAD
You work with our senior software engineers to implement quality technical solutions to assist the team in meeting the company’s goals and needs. You ensure that your code meets company and coding standards and is reusable, modular, and documented for future use.
WHO LEADS YOU
Senior Manager of Launch & Software Engineering
Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, FSA & HSA, 401k plan, Disability Insurance & Life Insurance, Paid Time Off
If you feel like you would be a great addition to the culture of Sixthman, then please send your resume, and cover letter, to ITresumes@sixthman.net with "Software Engineer" in the subject line.
Since 2001, Sixthman has set the stage for moments that make life rock, serving over 300,000 guests unforgettable vacations on sand and at sea with their favorite artists, athletes, actors, comedians and brands. These carefully curated, intimate events bring non-stop performances, artist collaborations, in depth panels and Q&As, fan-artist activities, museums and overall truly immersive experiences that celebrate community and change expectations of what a vacation can be. Iconic artists served include Jon Bon Jovi, KISS, Kesha and many others across multiple genres. In 2019, Sixthman expanded their festivals at sea to Europe, sailing from Barcelona, Spain to exotic Mediterranean ports and also brought their innovative vacation concept to world class, all-inclusive resorts in the Dominican Republic producing 18 total festivals in 2019. In 2020, Sixthman Services was launched to support other event holders with a suite of on-site and virtual event management services. Sixthman is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and is a subsidiary of Norwegian Cruise Line.